Thursday, 5 November 2015
gsbs 2015 - day 1 recap
We are overwhelmed by the amount of encouragement, inspiration, insight, and good energy we felt today from all those who participated at the #GSBS2015.
A quick re-cap:
- Opening Session of the GSBS - Welcome Address by Hans Reitz will be followed by a warm welcome of the Yunus Centre Delegation
- A Plenary Session with many hightlights including a speech by Emmanuel Faber & Martin Hirsch and a presentation of the Action Tank together with many representatives of French companies
- A meeting of the Refugee Action Tank in preparation for the November 7th open-invitation public event
- Various social business exhibitions in the GSBS 2015 Space for Entrepreneurs
- Dozens of E-180 YY Knowledge Dates booked
- Keynote Speech "Social Business & Poverty in Rich Countries" - Emmanuel Faber (CEO Danone) & Martin Hirsch (Former French High Commissioner in charge of poverty alleviation)
- Presentation of the Action Tank - Hosted by Emmanuel Faber (CEO Danone and Co-President of the Action Tank), Martin Hirsch (Former French High Commissioner in charge of poverty alleviation and Co-President of the Action Tank) & Jacques Berger (Director of the Action Tank)
- Parallel Session 1 “Spreading Social Business from Bangladesh into the World”
- Parallel Session 2 “Technological Breakthroughs for Social Business”
- Parallel Session 3 “Environment and Social Business”
- Focus Groups - Part 1
- The Art of Finance for Social Businesses
- Agenda of the Future 1 - Professor Anita Nowak on The Power of Empathic Action
- Keynote Closing - Olafur Eliasson, Gerfried Stocker, and Prof. Dr. Tania Singer
Stay up to date on the #GSBS2015 on Twitter @grameencl! We can't wait for tomorrow!
November 11th, 2015
The Global Social Business Summit 2015 - in Berlin, Germany - has come to a bittersweet end. We thank all those who supported us throughout the process; all those who participated in the event; and all those who helped to spread the YY Spirit of the Social Business Movement in the days leading up to - and during - the event.
We can't wait to see all of you in China for the Global Social Business Summit 2016.
Find a selection of photos from the three days of the #GSBS2015 here.MORE
6 Years of GSBS
Grameen Creative Lab YouTube Channel
On our website you can find the latest version of the agenda, session topics & speakers for the Global Social Business Summit 2015, The program is preliminary and subject to change. Stay tuned for the next updates!MORE
The main venue for the Global Social Business Summit 2015 is the Tempelhof Airport in Berlin, Germany.MORE