Thursday, 5 November 2015
gsbs 2015 - day 2 recap
The second (and final) day of the Global Social Business Summit Main Conference has come to a spirited close.
We feel uplifted, inspired, and grateful for the tremendous people involved in organizing, supporting, and participating in what turned out to be a truly wonderful event. Thank you all for consistently reminding us why the work we do is so worthwhile.
View a light re-cap and several photos from the day here. And please - stay tuned for our follow-up documentation in the coming days!
A quick re-cap:
- Social Business Ecosystems: Fostering Partnerships to Create Social Impact
- Agenda of the Future 2 -
- Nick Haan (Faculty Chair Global Grand Challenges Singularity University)
- Parallel Session 4 “Social Business to Tackle Youth Unemployment”
- Various social business exhibitions in the GSBS 2015 Space for Entrepreneurs
- Dozens of E-180 YY Knowledge Dates booked
- Parallel Session 5 “Social Business all around the globe - a status quo”
- Parallel Session 6 “Social Impact Measurement – Still a curse or a cure?”
- Parallel Session 7 “How to live with YY”
- State of the World 2 -
- Thomas Gass (Assistant Secretary-General for Policy Coordination and Inter-Agency Affairs in UN DESA)
- Plenary Session „Creating a world without poverty and unemployment“ - Expert Dialogue
- Focus Groups - Part 2 (Virtual Reality and Dialogue in the Dark sessions included!)
- Closing Remarks -
- Prof. Huzzatul Islam Latifee (Managing Director Grameen Trust) and Hans Reitz (Head of Global Social Business Summit)
- Announcement of the Global Social Business 2016 to be held in China
Stay up to date on the #GSBS2015 on Twitter @grameencl! And hope to see you all at our closing, open-invitation Refugee Action Tank tomorrow morning!
November 11th, 2015
The Global Social Business Summit 2015 - in Berlin, Germany - has come to a bittersweet end. We thank all those who supported us throughout the process; all those who participated in the event; and all those who helped to spread the YY Spirit of the Social Business Movement in the days leading up to - and during - the event.
We can't wait to see all of you in China for the Global Social Business Summit 2016.
Find a selection of photos from the three days of the #GSBS2015 here.MORE
6 Years of GSBS
Grameen Creative Lab YouTube Channel
On our website you can find the latest version of the agenda, session topics & speakers for the Global Social Business Summit 2015, The program is preliminary and subject to change. Stay tuned for the next updates!MORE
The main venue for the Global Social Business Summit 2015 is the Tempelhof Airport in Berlin, Germany.MORE